Sonopulse 1 and 3 MHz was developed to be used for physiotherapy and aesthetic treatments. It counts with an ergonomic transducer with a double function to choose the effective area of radiation (ERA) 7 cm² or 3 cm². The 7 cm² one, allows choosing between the 1 MHz or 3 MHz frequencies, with the maximum potency of 21W. Meanwhile, the 3 cm² ERA has the frequency of 1 MHz, with the maximum potency of 3W. The ultrasound emission mode can be adjusted to continuous or pulsed. The equipment’s function is not different from the other ones from the Sonopulse line: generation sound waves, that are mechanical vibrations that are transformed into energy and acts in the body tissue continuously or pulsed.
Ultrasound is delivered to the body using an efficient coupling provides deep heating effects to body tissues. Ultrasound delivered at a frequency of 1 MHz penetrates to a depth of approximately 5 centimeters while ultrasound at a frequency of 3 MHz penetrates tissue to a depth of approximately 1–2 cm.
When used in its continuous mode, the energy produced by the transducer may generate a slightly warm, that, in case of acute pathologies, may be uncomfortable, even though it’s a great and very efficient treatment for this kind of problems. The therapy that uses the pulsed ultrasound generates waves pulses with quick intervals that are enough for the blood circulation to be cooled down in the treated area, where the results are caused by the non-thermal effects of the equipment.
It has a new design with a graphical and modern display that makes it easier to programm the protocols. It also has a slight inclination, making it possible for the professional to adjust it easily, whether is he standing or sitting.
This equipment can also work with the combined therapy: the simultaneous application of two stimuli, the ultrasound with a low or medium electrical stimulation frequency, combining analgesic effects from the currents, with the mechanical and thermal effects from the ultrasound. It’s worth remembering that this therapy can only be done with others equipment from Ibramed.
Therapeutic Effects of the Ultrasound
- Chemical reactions: vibrations that stimulate the tissue to increase the reactions and local chemical processes.
- Biological responses: it promotes the increase of the membranes’ permeability, that accentuates the fluids and nutrient’s transference to the tissues and cells. This is important so the Phonophoresis happens.
- Mechanical effects: they are micro-massages’ effects that increase the cellular metabolism, blood flow, and oxygen supplies.
- Cavitation: bubble’s formation that increases or decreases the size (stable cavitation) or may implode the adipose cell (unstable cavitation).
- Thermal effects: along with the micro-massage, a local temperature increase occur, resulting from the kinetics conversion in warmness by the tissues. This effect produces an increase in collagen extensibility. Therefore, it’s recommended for therapeutic treatments of pathologies caused by tendons contraction, ligaments and capsular joints, limiting certain movements.
Modalities (2 in 1)
- 1 MHz frequency: is indicated for muscular elongation recovery, arthrosis, neuritis, bursitis, osteitis, intermittent claudication, periarthritis, the disease of Raynaud, radiculitis, Herpes Zoster, lumbago, diverse rheumatisms, myalgias, myositis, myelitis, scalene syndrome, neuralgia, tenosynovitis, oedemas, traumatisms, torticollis, adhesions, etc.
- 3 MHz frequency: it is indicated to produce lipolysis (fat cells breakages), direct application after medical surgeries and Phonophoresis, in other words, the introduction of chemical radicals/substances at the tissues using the ultrasound.
- Ergonomic Transducer with double function: allows choosing the effective radiation area (ERA) of 7 cm² - operating at the frequencies of 1 MHz or 3 MHz - or the 3 cm² ERA, with the frequency of 1 MHz. The maximum potency for the 7 cm² ERA is 21W and for the 3 cm² ERA is 3 Watts.
- The ultrasound’s emission mode can be adjusted in continuous or pulsated mode. The pulsated mode, has its frequency of pulse repetition of 100 Hz, 48 Hz or 16 Hz, with the pulse ratio of ½ (50%) and 1/5 (20%). It has a “prog” key which allows the professional to create their own protocols and save them to the equipment. This equipment is commonly indicated for pain releasement, reduction of the muscular spasms, increase of the local blood flow, increase of the range of motion of contracted joints, using the heat associated to stretching techniques.
Actions and Benefits
- It has a “prog” key which allows the professional to create their own protocols and save them to the equipment.
- Sonopulse allows the choice of ERA (Effective Radiating Area) of 7 cm² or 3 cm², making it possible to select the 1 MHz frequency with the ERA 7 cm² or 3 cm² and the frequency of 3 MHz with the ERA of 7 cm².
- The average ultrasound output power is 21 Watts for the ERA of 7 cm²and 3 Watts for the ERA of 3 cm², therefore, the maximum average intensity is 3 W/cm² for the ERA of 7 cm² and 1 W/cm² for the ERA of 3 cm².
- The pulsed mode has pulse repetition frequencies of 100 Hz, 48 Hz or 16 Hz, with a pulse ratio of 1/2 (50%) or 1/5 (20%).
- The ERA of 7 cm² makes it possible to cover a bigger application area.
- Potency of 21W.
- It’s a non-invasive treatment, not needing a recuperation time for the patient to go back to his normal activities.
- Microcontrolled Operation technology.
- LCD screen.
- Thermal sensor that indicates the equipment’s temperature and automatic shutdown.
- It has a slight display tilt, making it easier for the professional to adjust it, whether standing up or seated.
- The device has a new design with a graphic modern display that makes protocols easier to identify.
- It saves up to 20 particular protocols created by the professional.
Indications of Use
- Pain relief.
- Reduction of muscle spasm.
- Localized increase in blood flow.
- Increase range of motion of contracted joints using heat and stretch techniques.
For Esthetics and Dermatology Treatments (3 Mhz):
- Localized Fat
- Post liposuction
- Post abdominoplasty
For Physiotherapy Treatments (1 MHz):
- Muscle injury
- Orthopedic Surgeries
Download the suggested directions for this equipament:
- Do not apply it over the uterus unless speciﬁc assurance can be attained from the patient that she is not pregnant.
- Do not apply it over neoplastic areas or over areas from which tumors have been removed.
- Do not apply it over the eyes (eyeballs).
- Do not apply it to ischemic tissues, where the blood supply may be incapable of following the increase in metabolic demand and result in necrosis.
- Do not apply it over bone growth centers.
- Ultrasound therapy is not recommended for patients with implanted electronic devices (cardiac pacemakers, deep brain stimulation devices).
- Do not apply it over areas previously treated with radiotherapy.
- Do not apply it over the testes, to avoid increases in temperatures.
- Do not apply it over the heart.
- Do not apply it over areas of thrombophlebitis deep vein thrombosis emboli and severe atherosclerosis.
- Ultrasound treatment must be avoided over the stellate ganglion, spinal cord after laminectomy, when great tissue resections have been performed, under subcutaneous major nerves and the cranium.
- In an area of the body where a malignancy is known to be present.
- Over reproductive organs.
- Over open wounds or lesions, including severe or cystic acne.
- Do not apply it to the brain, spinal cord or large subcutaneous peripheral nerves.
- Treatment of acute infection of bone or tissue as the treatment could force areas of pus into surrounding tissue, thereby spreading infection.
- Do not apply it in areas of reduced sensation or circulation or over anesthetic areas.
- Do not use it on pregnant women.
- 1 and 3 MHz Ultrasound: Ultrasound transducer with ERA of 7 cm² for the frequency of 1 and 3 MHz and with ERA of 3 cm² for the frequency of 1 MHz.
- Using different accessories from the ones indicated and compatible with this device may increase the emissions or in the decrease of the equipment’s immunity.
- The application must be done in circular motions.
- Do not remove the equipment’s head from the skin while it is still turned on because it can damage the equipment.
- You must use gel to apply the ultrasound.
- The equipment must be used only under the indication and orientation of a specialized professional.
Instructions to Take Care of Your Equipment
- Avoid areas subject to vibrations.
- Install the equipment on a ﬁrm and level surface, in the open air.
- Do not block ventilation.
- Avoid humid, hot and dusty environments.
- Make sure the area around the network cable is free.
- Do not insert objects into device holes.
Instructions to Clean Your Equipment
- Disconnect the system from the power source.
- Wipe with a clean, lint-free cloth moistened with water and mild antibacterial soap.
- If a more sterile cleaning is needed, use a cloth moistened with an antimicrobial cleaner.
- Do not place the system in liquids.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)Is it necessary to frequently calibrate the ultrasound?
- Yes, it’s recommended to be calibrated every 6 months or every time the nozzle falls to the ground, present cracks, or any kind of noise. Only after calibrating an effective therapy can be done with trustable doses.How can I do a test to know if the Sonopulse 1 e 3 MHz transducer is emitting ultrasound?
- Put some water drops in the aluminon part of the transducer, increase the intensity and verify the water’s nebulization’s effect. The nebulization indicates that your equipment is emitting ultrasound and it presents itself differently from one equipment to another. The ultrasound’s conduction mode is released very precariously at this moment. This will cause a quick aluminon temperature elevation to more than 40ºC. Therefore, do not exaggerate doing the test or else it may damage the piezoelectric crystal inside the transducer.Why do the ultrasound’s movements must be slow and continuous?
- Because the ultrasound’s beam is not uniform, the ultrasound’s head should not be still in the same place for a long time. It also can’t be moved very fast, because there would be no enough time for the tissue to enter in resonance. The best way to use it is to make a round-dislocated movement at a 1 to 2cm/second speed.What’s the difference between Sonopulse 1 MHz e 3 MHz?
- The ultrasound 1MHz is used in deeper structures (muscles, tendons, bursae) because it is poorly absorbed by the superficial structures and by the adipose tissue. The 3MHz ultrasound, on the other hand, should be used in superficial structures because the energy is absorbed in the tissues that are located between 1 and 2 cm under the skin.What would be the best gel to use with the ultrasound?
- The ideal gel to be used with any kind of ultrasound must not have bubbles. It must have a clear appearance and be transparent, odorless and without additives (such as alcohol, scents, and others). The ideal amount of gel is the one that allows the head of the equipment to slide freely, without sticking to the patient’s skin.Is it possible to reuse the gel from one area to another?
- It’s not recommended because after the gel is used in one place, bubbles usually appear, making the gel cloudy. That would indicate a bad conduction.What may influence the increase in the equipment’s temperature, when using the ultrasound therapy?
- Many aspects may cause this influence: cloudy low-conduction gel, insufficient quantity of gel, fast movements or spinning too many times at the same place and mainly the lack of connection to the head of the equipment.What is “Combined Therapy”?
- It’s the simultaneous use of two therapeutic modes associated in the same body area.With what currents can the Combined Therapy be done?
- The Combined Therapy can be done with the US + Russian current, US + Interferential current, US + polarized current and US + High Voltage. The equipment can also work with the isolated therapy.What is the right way to clean the equipment and its accessories?
- To clean the cabinet and its parts, use only dry, soft clean fabric. Do not use any volatile substances (such as benzene, alcohol, diluent, and solvents in general) to clean the cabinet, because they may damage the top coat. After using the ultrasound’s transducer, clean it with running water. If necessary, to disinfect it, use just cotton dampened with chlorhexidine digluconate 0,2 (aqueous solution).Do the accessories come with the equipment or is it necessary to buy them separately?
- The equipment comes with all the necessary accessories for the use of all the currents available in the Sonopulse III.Is it possible to use self-adhesive electrodes with Sonopulse III?
- Yes, it is. We suggest following the instructions from the electrode’s manufacturer chosen by the user.What is cavitation?
- Cavitation is the radiation of ultrasound to liquids, generating tiny bubbles. Under the ultrasonic field’s action, these bubbles get bigger and smaller (stable cavitation) or they may collapse (unstable cavitation). Cavitation is a common phenomenon produced by therapeutic ultrasounds.
- Brand name: Ibramed
- Model: Sonopulse 1 and 3 Mhz
- Material: Metal and Polypropylene
- Quantity: 01
- Item color: White and Blue
- Product dimensions:
- Length: 12.4” in (31.5 cm)
- Width: 1” in (36 cm)
- Height: 4.9” in (12.5 cm)
- Item weight (equipment only): 4.63 lb (2,100 kg)
- Item weight with accessories:6.06 lb (2,750 kg)
- Power type: Electric
- Input: 100 / 240~ 50/60 Hz
- Input Power: 100 VA
- Fuses: 5A 250~ (20AG) Fast Action
- Electrical Class: Class II
- Electrical Protection: Type BF
- Ultrasound frequency:
- 1 MHz, ± 10%
- 3 MHz, ± 10%
- Temperature Range During Transport and Storage: 5 - 50°C/ 41- 122°F.
- Environment operating temperature range: 5 - 45 °C/ 41- 113 °F
- Conformity Regulations:
- IEC 60601-1
- IEC 60601-1-2
- IEC 60601-2-5
- IEC 60601-1-4
- Warranty: 18 months
- 01 PP Female Cable IEC-2x0.75x1500mm
- 01 Protection Fuse Card
- 01 20AG Fuse of 5A
- 01 Digital Operations Manual IBRAMED 260410
- 01 Sonopulse 1 and 3 MHz Handpiece Kit
- The ultrasound gel is not included in the accessories list and does not accompany the device. IBRAMED recommends the use of K102637 ultrasound gel FDA cleared with the Sonopulse systems.
- For safe use of the equipment, it is recommended to have it inspected and undergo preventive maintenance at IBRAMED or an authorized technical center every 12 months.
- Annual factory calibration is required for the ultrasound applicator from the date placed in service. The device and the applicator should be sent to the factory or a certified service technician from IBRAMED for this procedure.
- Biocompatibility of the materials in contact with the patient (ISO 10993-1): The ultrasound transducer provided with the equipment does not invoke allergic reactions. The user may purchase any FDA approved therapeutic ultrasound coupling gel. The transducer and gel must be only be placed in contact with an intact surface of the skin, respecting duration limit time of this contact of 24 hours. There is no risk of harmful effects to the cells, nor is there any allergic reaction or of sensitivity. The material that the transducer is made from does not invoke potential irritation on the skin.
- Read the manual before using the equipment.
- Sonopulse is an electronic device and has heavy metals such as lead. Thus, there are risks of contamination to the environment associated with the disposal of this equipment and its accessories at the end of their useful lives.
- Sonopulse parts and accessories must be disposed of as waste. Contact your local distributor for information on rules and laws regarding the disposal of waste electrical, electronic equipment and accessories.