Modellata is an oscillatory vibrating therapy machine that promotes a deep tissue mobilization, enabling treatments in the areas of aesthetics, physical and medical rehabilitation. Besides the therapeutic effect of oscillatory vibration and tissue impact, the device has aesthetic magnets integrated into the tips, complementing Modellata®'s therapy. It is also possible to adjust the high and low frequencies in the same treatment session due to the SWEEP mode.
Get to know more...
Vibration is a physical phenomenon in which the oscillatory movement of a point around a reference point occurs. The intensity of this movement varies according to the frequency measured in Hertz (Hz), which is presented in cycles per second (cps).
The vibration is present in many occupational environments, from the population's daily life to the human body's functioning. The human body's exposition to external vibrations was widely investigated in its deleterious effects, however, the notion that vibratory stimuli can be beneficial came to be considered over the years.
Modellata® has 4 tips that must be used according to the therapeutic objective:
- Concave tip for drainage: it is indicated in the lymphatic drainage aid.
- Multipoint tip: indicated for the temporary reduction of the appearance of cellulite, body contour modeling, temporary improvement of local blood circulation and symptomatic relief of muscle pain.
- Four Point tip: it is used for symptomatic relief of muscle pain and temporary improvement of local blood circulation.
- Central point tip: it is used for symptomatic relief of muscle pain and temporary improvement of local blood circulation.
Modellata®'s Physiological effects
- Cutaneous oxygenation.
- Improved cell nutrition and skin tone.
- Assists the elimination of by-products of metabolism.
- Reduces the appearance of cellulite and assists in the distribution of subcutaneous adipose tissue.
- It improves blood and lymphatic flow.
Benefits of Modellata®
- Oscillatory vibrating therapy with 60 cycles per second.
- Sweep mode: allows you to adjust high and low frequencies in the same treatment session.
- It has 4 different kinds of tips.
- 9 pre-programmed protocols and 20 particular ones that may be personalized and saved at the equipment's memory.
- Easy to sanitize.
- Soft-touch display.
- It provides treatments in the medical, physical rehabilitation and aesthetic areas.
The pre-programmed protocols are suggestions for preset values and are available in the protocols list. The user can alter the parameters of the pre-programmed protocols to be used, but the user can not save these alterations in the equipment's memory.
The saved protocols are:
- 1 - Body Modeling
- 2 - Ganglionic Clearance
- 3 - Lymphatic drainage
- 4 - Post-liposuction adherence
- 5 - Gynoid lipodystrophy
- 6 - Gynoid lipodystrophy (cellulite grade 3 and 4)
- 7 - Myofascial pain
- 8 - Muscular pain after exercise
- 9 - Adapted Shiatsu
- 1 - Examine the skin and clean the treatment area.
- 2 - Clean the application accessories before and after each therapy session.
- 3 - Use cream or vegetal oil approved by the FDA for sliding the tips (for static application, the use of cream or vegetable oil is optional).
- 4- After the procedure, it is common that the patient presents hyperemia (in some cases, slight emaciation) and hypersensitivity.
- For tissue stimulation, the therapy should be vigorous and rely on broad movements.
- Apply the technique to the entire region until you achieve uniform hyperemia.
- As soon as the skin below the applicator presents hyperemia (reddish), change direction and apply parallel to the region under treatment.
- Persistence on the same site after hyperemia may cause petechiae and bruising.
- Keep applicators adhered to the skin to prevent loss of contact.
- For relaxation techniques, use slow movements and low cycles.
- The technique should be started with a frequency aligned with the tolerance level of each patient.
- Lymphatic drainage aid.
- Body contour modeling.
- Reduction of the appearance of cellulite.
- Temporary improvement of local blood circulation.
- Symptomatic relief of muscle pain.
- Muscle recovery post-exercise.
- Do not use it over a continuity solution.
- Do not use it over skin lesions, like dermatitis and dermatosis.
- Do not use it over the abdomen during pregnancy.
- Capillary fragility: the presence of blood vessels called capillaries that break easily, causing petechiae and ecchymoses in the skin.
- On caliber varices, due to the risk of thrombus displacement.
- Do not use it on patients with acute deep vein thrombosis (DVT).
- Do not use it over or close to cancerous lesions.
- Do not use it on patients with a cardiac pacemaker or other implanted electronic device.
- Do not use it on patients with suspected infectious diseases and/or diseases in which it is advised, for medical purposes, to suppress heat or fevers.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)Who can use Modellata®?
The equipment must only be used under the prescription and supervision of a licensed professional.What is the technology used by the Modellata® equipment?
Modellata is a vibro-oscillatory therapy equipment. It is a non-invasive, safe and efficient technique that provides a multidirectional tissue mobilization, combining vertical and parallel forces and promoting deep tissue mobilization. Modellata has an applicator that allows the exchange of 4 tips (multipoint, concave, four points and central point) that accompany the equipment and allow various techniques. In addition, the device allows the setting of continuous mode and SWEEP mode (setting of high and low frequencies), at a maximum frequency of 60cps.In which structures does the therapy work?
The therapy acts directly on the structures of the skin, subcutaneous tissue and muscle without causing discomfort or trauma. The resource can be performed in cervical, thoracic, lumbar, abdominal, upper and lower limbs region.What are the physiological effects?
In general, Modellata® promotes the increase of skin oxygenation, the improvement of cellular nutrition, skin tone, blood and lymphatic flow. It also helps in the elimination of metabolic by-products, in the reduction of cellulite appearance and in the distribution of subcutaneous adipose tissue, as well as in the reduction of measures and circumference. Modellata therapy favors the increase of the permeability of actives in the skin, optimizes the metabolic exchanges, promotes peripheral and localized hyperemia, increasing the offer of oxygen and nutrients for the tissues. It has decongestant and fibrinolytic action. It promotes temporary pain relief by stimulating the skin mechanoreceptors, based on the mechanism of "Gate Control Theory" and the release of endorphins.How many sessions are indicated?
Usually, from 6 to 10 sessions, depending on the therapeutic objective.What's the interval between them?
Normally, this treatment is done 2 to 3 times a week.What is the result and when does it show?
The response to aesthetic treatments is very individual, but since the first session, it is possible to observe improved fluid retention and, throughout the sessions, other results. In general, the expected results are: improved body contouring, reduced fluid retention, a temporary reduction in the appearance of cellulite, toning and improvement in the appearance of the skin, pain relief, and muscle recovery after exercise.What is the advantage of such treatment over others on the market?
The treatment with vibro-oscillatory therapy offers numerous advantages in body treatment, since it treats several aesthetic changes at the same time. The interesting thing about this equipment is that the specialist can combine two therapeutic objectives in the same session, such as body contour modeling, for example. And, at the same time, lymphatic drainage through different preset frequencies, optimizing the results.
How to clean your equipment:
- Turn of the equipment from the power supply.
- Clean it with a clean cloth moistened with 70% alcohol.
- Do not use substances such as benzine, thinner, and solvents in general to clean the cabinet as they may damage the finish.
- The cleaning procedure should be performed whenever necessary. Ibramed suggests weekly cleaning of the equipment.
- Do not immerse the system in liquids.
- After the therapy, remove the cream or vegetal oils residues from the tips with a humidified cloth.
- Clean the applicator with alcoholic chlorhexidine 0.5%.
- The cleaning procedure should be carried out whenever necessary. Ibramed suggests cleaning the applicator after each treatment session.
Cleaning the tips:
- After the therapy, wash the tips with running water and neutral soap the residues of creams or vegetable oil from the tips and dry with paper towels.
- The cleaning procedure should be carried out whenever necessary. Ibramed suggests cleaning the tips after each treatment session.
Care and storage:
- Avoid places subject to vibration.
- Do not place it over carpets, cushions or other surfaces that obstruct the ventilation.
- Avoid damp, warm and dusty places.
- This equipment is not protected against damaging penetration of water.
- Make sure that the area around the electrical feed cable is free.
- Do not insert objects in the orifices of the device.
- Temperature range during transport and storage: 41 - 122° F / 5 - 50°C.
- Brand name: Ibramed
- Model: Modellata
- Quantity: 01
- Cabinet material: Plastic
- Product dimensions: 29,4 x 26,5 x 10,8cm
- Depth: 11.6 in ±5% (29.4 cm)
- Width: 10.4 in ±5% (26.5 cm)
- Height: 4.2 in ±5% (10.8 cm)
- Net weight: 1.592 kg
- Gross weight: 2.283 kg
- Width: 3.9 in (10 cm)
- Depth: 3.9 in (10 cm)
- Height: 11.4 in (29 cm)
- Net Weight: 1.223 kg
- Gross Weight: 3.994 kg
- Input: 100 / 240~ 50/60 Hz
- Input Power: 250 VA
- Frequency: 10 to 70 cps with 5 cps steps
- Sweep mode with ramps and frequency setting option, where:
- Rise Time (s)- 1 to 120 s ±10%
- High Time (s)- 1 to 240 s ±10%
- High Freq (cps)- 15 to 60 cps ±10%
- Decay Time (s)- 1 to 120 s ±10%
- Low Time (s)- 1 to 240 s ±10%
- Low Freq (cps)- 10 to 55 cps ±10%
- Electrical Class: CLASS II
- Electrical Protection: TYPEO BF
- Protection degree: IP20
- Operating temperature range: 41- 95 °F / 5 - 35 °C
- Temperature range during transport and storage: 41 - 122°F / 5 - 50°C
- Applicator: 01 ABS and silicone
- Treatment timer: 1 to 60 minutes ±10%
- Tips: 04 silicone ones
- Regulatory Conformity:IEC 60601-1; IEC 60601-1-2; IEC 60601-1-6; IEC 60601-1-9
- Warranty (exception of the applicator and tips, check section C): 18 months
- Warranty (applicator and tips): 6 months
- 01 Modellata
- 01 Cable PP 2 x 0,75 with 1,50mt black plug 180° Nema 2 P with plug 180°FDA
- 01 Fuse 20AG of 5A
- 01 Modellata Multi-Tip V2.0
- 01 Modellata Concave Tip V2.0
- 01 Modellata Four-point Tip V2.0
- 01 Modellata Central Point Tip V2.0
- 01 Digital operations manual Modellata - FDA
- 01 Safira Modellata Applicator
- The use of electromedical equipment is restricted to physicians, physical therapists or duly licensed and trained health professionals.
- The duly licensed professional shall be responsible for the use and operation of the equipment. IBRAMED makes no representations regarding federal, state or local laws and regulations that may apply to the use and operation of any medical electrical equipment.
- The physician or on his or her order, including the licensed physical therapist or other health care professional, make a full and complete commitment to contact local certification agencies to determine any credentials required by law for the clinical use and operation of this equipment.
- The use of electromedical equipment must follow local, state and federal regulations in each country.
- We suggest that you make an inspection and preventive maintenance at IBRAMED or authorized technical center allowed every 12 months for use of equipment.