The InTENSity IF Combo - TENS and Interferential Currents is simple-to-operate and portable. It's great for pain management. The stimulator sends a gentle electrical current to underlying nerves and muscle group via electrodes applied on the skin. The therapist combines TENS and Interferential treatment for patients needing stronger therapy. Get to know more here!
Actions and Benefits
- TENS and Interferential current.
- 04 operation modes.
- 105 mA strong.
- Comes with an AC adaptor.
- Simple to operate.
- It also works with battery.
- The parameters of the device are controlled by the buttons on the front panel.
- The intensity levels are adjustable.
Indications of Use
- Pain management.
- Symptomatic relief of chronic intractable pain.
- Post-traumatic pain.
- Post-surgical pain.
The TENS Current
Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS) is a noninvasive, drug-free method of controlling pain. It uses tiny electrical impulses sent through the skin to nerves to modify the pain perception. TENS does not cure any physiological problem; it only helps control the pain.
The pain relief varies by the individual patient, the mode selected for therapy, and the type of pain.
The Interferential Stimulation (IF)
This current is an anti-inflammatory based treatment modality. Interferential stimulation is characterized by two alternating-current sine waves or square waves of differing frequencies that “work” together to produce an interferential current that is also known as a beat pulse or alternating modulation frequency.
These large impulse fibers interfere with the transmission of pain messages at the spinal cord level. This deep tissue penetration stimulates parasympathetic nerve fibers for increased blood flow and edema reduction. It utilizes the low electric current to stimulate muscle nerves to achieve the symptomatic relief of chronic intractable pain, post-traumatic pain, and post-surgical pain.
- Do not use it for symptomatic local pain relief unless etiology is established or unless a pain syndrome has been diagnosed.
- Do not use it over cancerous lesions.
- Do not use it over swollen, infected, inflamed areas or skin eruptions.
- Do not apply the electrodes to sites that might cause current/stimulation to flow through the carotid sinus region (anterior neck) or transcerebrally (through the head).
- Do not use it on patients with epilepsy.
- Do not use it on patients with serious arterial circulatory problems in the lower limbs.
- Do not use it on patients with abdominal or inguinal hernia.
- Do not use this device if you gave a heart disease without consulting your physician.
- Do not apply it over the neck, mouth, eyes, near the genitals or internally.
- Brand name: InTENSity
- Model: 13-1374
- Quantity: 01
- Product dimensions: 4.5 × 2.55 × 0.9 inches
- Item weight:0.28 lbs (with battery)
- Adjustable timer: from 1 to 60 minutes or continuous
- Power source: Standard 9-volt battery or AC adaptor
- Channel: Dual, isolated between channels
- TENS: Monophasic Square
- Interferential: Biphasic Square
- TENS: 1-150 Hz
- Interferential: 4kHz
- TENS: 50-300µs
- Interferential: 125µs, Phase duration: 250µs
- Output Voltage:
- TENS: Constant Current
- Interferential: Constant Current
- TENS: 0-105mA
- Interferential: 0-105mA
TENS: 4 treatment modes
- Burst (P1)
- Normal (P2)
- Pulse Width Modulation (P3)
- Pulse Rate Modulation (P4)
- Interferential: 4 treatment modes (Refer to Instruction Manual for full details)
- TENS: 4 treatment modes
- TENS: 1-60 minutes, or Constant
Interferential: 1-60 minutes, or Constant
- Frequency: 1-50 Beats
- UPC: 813520011193
- 01 InTENSity IF Combo - TENS and Interferential Currents
- 02 Sets of lead wires
- 04 1.5" x 1.5" Adhesive Electrodes
- 01 9V Alkaline Battery
- 01 Instruction Manual
- 01 Carrying case
- 01 AC Adaptor
- Read the manual before using the equipment.
- This device should only be used under the continued supervision of a licensed physician.
- This device must only be purchased by or on the order of a physician or other practitioner licensed to use or prescribe this device.