Neurodyn Portable TENS transcutaneous neuromuscular stimulator is a two-channel stimulator with independent controls for current therapies used in TENS (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation). Treatment should be administered only under the direct supervision of a health care professional.
The Tens Current
The biphasic symmetrical quadratic waveform of the TENS Current, Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation, has a short pulse duration and is capable of strongly stimulate the skin’s nerve fibers. The TENS is a classical current used at the pain treatment via sensorial stimulation and the stimulus is well tolerated by the patient, even during relatively elevated intensities.
This current is indicated for the symptomatic relief and chronical pain treatment, increase of the local blood circulation, symptomatic relief of acute post-traumatic pain and acute post-operative pain. It is used in orthopedic physiotherapy, traumatology, rheumatology and neurological and it also promotes analgesia and muscular strengthening. The technique consists in applying a smooth electrical stimulation through electrodes placed in body areas affected by the pain. It is widely used for rehabilitation in physiotherapy and orthopedy. It is portable, small and uses a 9V battery.
Elevate the quality of your treatment and guarantee comfort to your patients using Neurodyn Portable TENS!
- 1. TENS – conventional mode
- 2. TENS VF – TENS with automatic frequency variation
- 3. TENS VIF – TENS with automatic variation of intensity and frequency
- 4. TENS AC TENS – Acupuncture
- 5. BURST TENS – modulated in pulse sequence of 2 Hz
Actions and Benefits
- Small, light and works with battery, being widely used in household attendances.
- Programming via keyboard that generates digitalized information and offers data reliability.
- Crystal liquid frontal display making the product’s visualization and handling easier. It consumes less energy and gives a modern design to the equipment.
- Adjustable timer from 1 to 60 minutes promoting convenience to the professional that won’t need to control the total therapy time. At the end of the set time, the equipment will stop emitting the electric current automatically and it will emit a “bip” sound to indicate the end of the therapy.
- Non-invasive therapeutic effect, it does not cause dependency and it does not generate collateral effects, allowing the patient to maintain his routine.
- It has two channels with independent intensity adjustment.
- Parameters easy to program.
- It can be used both with power cable or with battery (not included).
- It promotes analgesia and muscular strengthening.
Indications of Use
- Orthopedic, traumatic, rheumatological and neurological physiotherapy.
- Local blood flow increase.
- Symptomatic relief of chronic (long term) intractable pain.
- Symptomatic relief of post-traumatic acute pain and post-surgical acute pain.
- Post-operatory pain.
- Cervical spine pain and Cervicobraquialgias.
- Headache, face ache, toothache and temporomandibular dysfunction.
- Arthritis, Bursitis, Luxation and Sprains.
- Muscular pain, contusions, myositis, tendonitis and myofascial pain.
- Cancer pain.
- Visceral abdominal pain.
- Backache and thoracic pain.
- Amputation stump pain and in ghost members.
- Pain in the spinal cord injuries.
- Neuropathies and Neurites, Occipital, Post-herpetic, Trigeminal, Diabetic and Traumatic.
- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophies.
- Do not apply stimulation over the patient’s neck or brain.
- Do not apply stimulation across the patient’s chest.
- Do not apply stimulation over open wounds or rashes, or over swollen, red, infected, or inﬂamed areas or skin eruptions (e.g., phlebitis, thrombophlebitis, varicose veins).
- Do not apply stimulation over, or in proximity to, cancerous lesions.
- Do not apply stimulation in the presence of electronic monitoring equipment (e.g., cardiac monitors, ECG alarms).
- Do not apply stimulation when the patient is in the bath or shower.
- Do not apply stimulation while the patient is sleeping.
- Do not apply stimulation while the patient is driving, operating machinery, or during any activity in which electrical stimulation can put the patient at risk of injury.
- Consult with the patient’s physician before using this device.
- Apply stimulation only to normal, intact, clean, healthy skin.
- Neurodyn Portable TENS should not be used while driving, operating machinery, or during any activity in which involuntary muscle contractions may put the user at undue risk of injury.
- Do not use this device on patients who have a cardiac pacemaker, implanted deﬁbrillator, or other implanted metallic or electronic device because this may cause electric shock, burns, electrical interference, or death.
- Do not use this device on patients whose pain syndromes are undiagnosed.
- Since the effects of stimulation of the brain are unknown, stimulation should not be applied across the head, and electrodes should not be placed on opposite sides of the head.
- The safety of electrical stimulation during pregnancy has not been established.
- Do not use this equipment on people with suspect of infectious transmissible diseases and/or diseases in which are recommended to suppress the heat or fever for medical purposes.
- Do not apply stimulation over the carotid sinus nerves.
- The stimulation must not be applied over the neck or mouth. Larynx and pharynx muscles spasms may occur and the contractions may promote the closure of the airways or cause respiratory distress.
- The stimulation must not be applied over the cardiac area, because it may promote cardiac arrhythmias.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)Do the accessories come with the equipment or is it necessary to buy them separately?
- The equipment comes with all the necessary accessories for the use of all the currents available in the Neurodyn Portable Tens.How long approximately does the equipment’s battery lasts?
- The battery ensures 24 hours of equipment’s continuous use.Does the equipment make any noise when the battery is low?
- Yes, whenever the battery is low the equipment will show the message “LB” on its display.Is it necessary to take off the equipment’s battery out whenever using it connected to power?
- No, it’s not necessary because as soon as the cable is connected to power, the equipment’s system will select the electrical mode.
- Using different accessories from the ones indicated and compatible with this device may increase the emissions or in the decrease of the equipment’s immunity.
- The professional must use gel to apply the currents offered by the equipment. One must always use neutral conductor gel, without air to better the current conduction.
- In case of obesity, the adipose tissue thickness isolates the motor nerve, that may cause a current‘s sensitivity variation.
- If there is a peripheral neuropathy, there is no answer to the short duration electrical stimulus.
- It may irritate the skin.
- The patient must get used to the stimulation on the skin progressively to know how much is tolerable.
Instructions to Take Care of Your Equipment
- Avoid areas subject to vibrations.
- Install the equipment on a ﬁrm and level surface, in open air.
- Do not block ventilation.
- Avoid humid, hot and dusty environments.
- Make sure the area around the network cable is free.
- Do not insert objects into device holes.
Instructions to Clean Your Equipment
- Disconnect the system from the power source.
- Wipe with a clean, lint free cloth moistened with water and mild antibacterial soap.
- If a more sterile cleaning is needed, use a cloth moistened with an antimicrobial cleaner.
- Do not place the system in liquids.
- Brand name: Ibramed
- Model: Neurodyn Portable TENS
- Material: Metal and Polypropylene
- Quantity: 01
- Item color: White and Blue
- Product dimensions:
- Length: 5.8” in (14.8 cm)
- Width: 3.0” in (7.8 cm)
- Height: 1.9” in (5 cm)
- Item weight (equipment only): 0.319 lb (0,145 kg)
- Item weight with accessories: 0.959 lb (0,435 kg)
- Power type: Power cable or Battery
- Battery type: 9 Volt Battery (not included)
- Input: 100 / 240V~ 50/60 Hz
- Input Power: 15 VA
- Fuses: 5A 250V~ (20AG)
- Electrical Class: Class II
- Electrotherapy: Type BF
- Temperature Range During Transport and Storage: Between 59 and 104°F.
- Environment operating temperature range: 5 - 45 °C / 41- 113 °F.
- Regulatory Compliance:
- IEC 60601-1
- IEC 60601-1-2
- IEC 60601-2-10
- Warranty: 18 months
- 01 Power Cable Neurodyn Portable
- 01 Electrostimulation 2-way cable orange (03/13)
- 01 Electrostimulation 2-way cable black (03/13)
- 01 Plastic Bag Small – Blue/ Crystal (RC-EL 155M)
- 01 Electrode - Valu Trode - Model VL4545 (four/ electrode/pkg)
- 01 Digital Operations Manual Neurodyn Portable TENS
Attention: The 9 Volt battery is not included.
- For safe use of the equipment, it is recommended to have it inspected and undergo preventive maintenance at IBRAMED or an authorized technical center every 12 months.
- Read the manual before using the equipment.
- The Neurodyn Portable TENS is an electronic device and has heavy metals such as lead. Thus, there are risks of contamination to the environment associated with the disposal of this equipment and its accessories at the end of their useful lives.
- The Neurodyn Portable TENS, parts and accessories must be disposed of as waste. Contact your local distributor for information on rules and laws regarding the disposal of waste electrical, electronic equipment and accessories.
Meu fio preto não está funcionando, se puder entrar em contato comigo
It really is what I needed. I recommend Neurodyn Portable
Product of excellent quality
Very good and practical! I loved it!
Excellent product, very good, easy to use. I recommend it