The PMT IF 4000 (Analogue Interferential) is an analog interferential stimulation device that is used for symptomatic relief and management of post-surgical, post-traumatic acute, and chronic pain. It delivers small pulses of electrical current to an injury through electrodes that pass current through the skin and stimulate underlying nerves producing a mild, tingling sensation to provide relief from chronic and acute pain. Get to know more here!
Actions and Benefits
- Analog interferential stimulation device.
- Channels: either one or two-channel selection.
- Low battery indication.
- It is able to change its amplitude, wavelength, and stimulation mode.
- Stimulation Mode:
- 1. Continuous, 1/1 abrupt
- 2. 6/6 ramped and 6/6 abrupt
- 3. 10/10 ramped and 10/10 abrupt
The Interferential Stimulation (IF)
This current is an anti-inflammatory based treatment modality. Interferential stimulation is characterized by two alternating-current sine waves or square waves of differing frequencies that “work” together to produce an interferential current that is also known as a beat pulse or alternating modulation frequency.
These large impulse fibers interfere with the transmission of pain messages at the spinal cord level. This deep tissue penetration stimulates parasympathetic nerve fibers for increased blood flow and edema reduction. It utilizes the low electric current to stimulate muscle nerves to achieve the symptomatic relief of chronic intractable pain, post-traumatic pain, and post-surgical pain.
Indications of Use
- It helps to control pain and speeds the healing process.
- For symptomatic relief and management of post-surgical, post-traumatic acute, and chronic pain.
- Do not use it for symptomatic local pain relief unless etiology is established or unless a pain syndrome has been diagnosed.
- Do not use it over cancerous lesions.
- Do not use it over swollen, infected, inflamed areas or skin eruptions.
- Do not apply the electrodes to sites that might cause current/stimulation to flow through the carotid sinus region (anterior neck) or transcerebrally (through the head).
- Do not use it on patients with epilepsy.
- Do not use it on patients with serious arterial circulatory problems in the lower limbs.
- Do not use it on patients with abdominal or inguinal hernia.
- Do not use this device if you gave a heart disease without consulting your physician.
- Do not apply it over the neck, mouth, eyes, near the genitals or internally.
- Brand name: PMT
- Model: IF4000
- Quantity: 01
- Item color: White
- Item weight: 2 lbs
- Channels: either one or two-channel selection
- Output: 0-16 volts (through 500 ohms)
- Wave Form: Asymmetric biphasic square pulse
- Amplitude: 0 to 16mA each channel
- PMT IF 4000 (Analogue Interferential)
- Lead wires
- 1 pack of 4 electrodes
- Carrying case
- Users manual