The PMT Medical Ultima OTC TENS Unit - Electric Muscle Contraction Stimulator for Pain Relief is an FDA approved, over the counter TENS therapy device. It's a safe, non-addictive treatment device that allows you to manage your pain without the use of dangerous drugs. Treatment intensity can be adjusted easily during your treatment session, allowing you to customize each preset specifically to your needs. Get to know more here!
Actions and Benefits
- 8 preset modes, each targeting the most common areas of chronic and acute pains.
- It's a safe, drug-free pain relief.
- Compact, it fits comfortably in your palm.
- Protective front-closing door to prevent buttons from being accidentally pressed.
- Portable, reusable, and battery-powered.
- No RX required; FDA Approved for over-the-counter use.
- Easy and quick to select the treatment mode, using intuitive controls.
- Large and easy to read backlit LCD display.
- It allows the user to easily adjust the intensity during the treatment session.
- It's possible to customize each preset specifically to the patient's needs.
- Includes electrode placement guide for the optimal electrode placement for each individual treatment mode.
- Dual function enables this electrotherapy device to massage muscles.
- There are 3 presets that give the user a choice between targeting chronic pain, acute pain or massage.
- Engineered to provide effective stimulation to 8 specific body locations: wrist, shoulder, lower back, hip, thigh, knee, calf and ankle. Just select a preset (Chronic, Acute or Massage), then choose the body area you wish to stimulate and attach electrodes.
- There are two channels with dials on the top of the unit that each corresponds to one set of lead wires and electrode pads.
Indications of Use
- Ideal for joint and muscle pain, chronic or acute pain, and arthritis-related pain.
- To physical therapy.
- To be used anywhere.
The TENS technology
TENS technology blocks even the toughest pain signals from reaching your brain, while simultaneously triggering a release of your own body's natural pain-fighting endorphins.
- Do not apply stimulation over the patient’s neck or brain.
- Do not apply stimulation across the patient’s chest.
- Do not apply stimulation over open wounds or rashes, or over swollen, red, infected, or inﬂamed areas or skin eruptions (e.g., phlebitis, thrombophlebitis, varicose veins).
- Do not apply stimulation over, or in proximity to, cancerous lesions.
- Do not apply stimulation in the presence of electronic monitoring equipment (e.g., cardiac monitors, ECG alarms).
- Do not apply stimulation when the patient is in the bath or shower.
- Do not apply stimulation while the patient is sleeping.
- Do not apply stimulation while the patient is driving, operating machinery, or during any activity in which electrical stimulation can put the patient at risk of injury.
- Consult with the patient’s physician before using this device.
- Apply stimulation only to normal, intact, clean, healthy skin.
- Neurodyn Portable TENS should not be used while driving, operating machinery, or during any activity in which involuntary muscle contractions may put the user at undue risk of injury.
- Do not use this device on patients who have a cardiac pacemaker, implanted deﬁbrillator, or other implanted metallic or electronic device because this may cause electric shock, burns, electrical interference, or death.
- Do not use this device on patients whose pain syndromes are undiagnosed.
- Since the effects of stimulation of the brain are unknown, stimulation should not be applied across the head, and electrodes should not be placed on opposite sides of the head.
- The safety of electrical stimulation during pregnancy has not been established.
- Do not use this equipment on people with suspect of infectious transmissible diseases and/or diseases in which are recommended to suppress the heat or fever for medical purposes.
- Do not apply stimulation over the carotid sinus nerves.
- The stimulation must not be applied over the neck or mouth. Larynx and pharynx muscles spasms may occur and the contractions may promote the closure of the airways or cause respiratory distress.
- The stimulation must not be applied over the cardiac area, because it may promote cardiac arrhythmias.
- Brand name: PMT
- Model: UOTCB/ UOTCW
- Quantity: 01
- Item color: Black/ White
Product dimensions: 4" x 2 5/8" x 3/4"
- Length: 2 5/8"
- Width: 3/4"
- Height: 4"
- Item weight: 3.2 ounces
- Power type: Battery
- Channel: Dual
- Output: Maximum 130mA (peak value) across 500 Ohm load
- Pulse Width: From 50 uS to 250 uS not adjustable
- Pulse rate: From 1 Hz to 150Hz not Adjustable
- Waveform: Symmetrical Bi-phasic rectangular Monophasic rectangular
- Program: 8 programs are available
- Black: 858563006911
- White: 858563006928
- PMT Medical Ultima OTC TENS Unit
- 04 Reusable Electrode Pads
- Lead Wires
- User Manual and Electrode Placement Guide
- Carrying Case