The cervical pivot is an important component of the soft tissue system. Aside from being used as a substitute for gentle cervical traction, it can also be used for strengthening and self-mobilization purposes. It is also useful in tension and stress syndromes.
The Pivotal Therapy System
For over 20 years, the Pivotal Therapy System has been used by physical therapists, massage therapists, and chiropractors to treat soft tissue issues related to the spine. Pivotal Therapy is designed to help expedite the process of re-posture the spine and its soft tissue components and encourage the restoration of normal function. It helps by strengthening muscles that support improved posture and back pain.
Actions and Benefits
- Promotes self-release for sternocleidomastoid, upper trapezius and 1st ribs.
- Among other things, it can be used in tension and stress syndromes.
- Re-posture the cervical spine and soft tissues.
- It is an ideal substitute for gentle cervical traction.
- Can be used at both, home or clinic.
Indications of Use
- As a substitute for gentle cervical traction
- It can also be used as a self-mobilization and strengthening tool.
- It is useful in tension and stress syndromes.
- TMJ, headaches. abnormal sustained posture, i.e., forward head position.
- Can be used by anyone who wants to feel less or no tension at the base of the skull.
- Place the product on the floor, treatment table or bed.
- Lie down so that the cervical muscles are in contact with the fingertips of the Cervical Pivot.
- Lie down for no more than a few moments if acute or less if you cannot find the pain free position.
- Increase the time on the second day and add movement of the head from side to side in an effort to find the pain free position.
- The patient may choose to move in flexion/extension, side bending or rotation in an attempt to reach the pain-free position.
- Cervical Pivot may also be used in conjunction with the Short Thoracic Pivot and Lumbar Pivot for a full spinal treatment.
- Brand Name: Fabrication Enterprises
- Model: 00-4504
- Quantity: 01
- Item color: Black
- Length: 8.9 inches
- Width: 7 inches
- Height: 3.4 inches
- Item weight: 2 lbs
- Warranty: 12 months
- 01 Soft Tissue System for Traction Therapy - Cervical Pivot