The Sonopulse Compact ultrasound device is designed with patients in mind. Sonopulse Compact 1 MHz is a therapeutic ultrasound micro-controlled operation device in the frequency of 1 MHz, designed to be used for physical therapy treatments.
Purchase a complete and compact device that is perfect for your Physical Therapy Clinic!
Perfect for Professional Use!
Ultrasound delivered at a frequency of 1 MHz penetrates to a depth of approximately 5 centimeters.
It allows the 1 MHz frequency with the ERA (Effective Radiating Area) of 7 cm², covering a bigger application area.
It has a 7 cm² ERA (Effective Radiation Area), with a maximum ultrasound potency of 21 Watts, meaning 3W/cm².
It has a slight display tilt, making it easier for the professional to adjust it, whether standing up or seated.
Complete and Compact for your attendances!
Sonopulse Compact 1 MHz is a therapeutic ultrasound micro-controlled operation device in the frequencies of 1 MHz, designed to be used for physical therapy treatments. The ultrasound emission mode can be adjusted to continuous or pulsed. The pulsed mode has the repetition frequency of 100 Hz, 48 Hz or 16 Hz, with a pulse ratio of ½ (50%) and 1/5 (20%). It has a 7 cm² ERA (Effective Radiation Area), with a maximum ultrasound potency of 21 Watts, meaning 3W/cm².
Ultrasound is delivered to the body using an efficient couplant provides deep heating effects to body tissues. Ultrasound delivered at a frequency of 1 MHz penetrates to a depth of approximately 5 centimeters.
The equipment was produced to generate sound waves, that are mechanical vibrations that are transformed into energy and acts in the body tissue continuously or pulsed. When used in its continuous mode, the energy produced by the transducer may generate a slightly warm, that, in case of acute pathologies, may be uncomfortable, even though it’s a great and very efficient treatment for this kind of problems. The therapy that uses the pulsed ultrasound generates waves pulses with quick intervals that are enough for the blood circulation to be cooled down in the treated area, where the results are caused by the non-thermal effects of the equipment.
The device has a new design with a graphic modern display that makes protocols easier to identify. It also has a slight display tilt, making it easier for the professional to adjust it, whether standing up or seated. Sonopulse Compact 1 MHz has a “Prog” key, which allows the professional to create their own protocols and save them to the equipment. It has a thermal sensor that indicates the equipment’s temperature and automatic shutdown.
This equipment can also work with the combined therapy: the simultaneous application of two stimuli, the ultrasound with a low or medium electrical stimulation frequency, combining analgesic effects from the currents, with the mechanical and thermal effects from the ultrasound.
It’s worth remembering that this therapy can only be done with others equipment from Ibramed.
Ultrasound Therapeutic Effects
Chemical reactions: vibrations that stimulate the tissue to increase the reactions and local chemical processes.
Biological responses: it promotes the increase of the membranes’ permeability, that accentuates the fluids and nutrient’s transference to the tissues and cells. This is important so the Phonophoresis happens.
Mechanical effects: they are micro-massages’ effects that increase the cellular metabolism, blood flow, and oxygen supplies.
Cavitation: bubble’s formation that increases or decreases the size (stable cavitation) or may implode the adipose cell (unstable cavitation).
Thermal effects: along with the micro-massage, a local temperature increase occur, resulting from the kinetics conversion in warmness by the tissues. This effect produces an increase in collagen extensibility. Therefore, it’s recommended for therapeutic treatments of pathologies caused by tendons contraction, ligaments and capsular joints, limiting certain movements.
- - Pain relief.
- - Analgesia.
- - Acute and chronic inflammatory process.
- - Reduction of muscle spasm.
- - Increase range of motion of contracted joints using heat and stretch techniques.
- - Immediate and late post-surgical.
- - Phonophoresis.
- - Localized increase in blood flow.
- - Swelling reduction.
- - Ecchymosis.
- - Tissue regeneration.
- - In an area of the body where a malignancy is known to be present.
- - Over reproductive organs.
- - Over open wounds or lesions, including severe or cystic acne.
- - To the brain, spinal cord or large subcutaneous peripheral nerves.
- - Treatment of acute infection of bone or tissue as the treatment could force areas of pus into surrounding tissue, thereby spreading infection.
- - Do not apply it over the uterus unless specific assurance can be attained from the patient that she is not pregnant.
- - Do not apply it over neoplastic areas or over areas with tumors or from which tumors have been removed.
- - Do not apply it over the eyes.
- - Do not apply it on ischemic tissues, where the blood supply may be incapable of following the increase in metabolic demand and result in necrosis.
- - Do not apply it over bone growth centers.
- - Ultrasound therapy is not recommended for patients with implanted electronic devices (cardiac pacemakers, deep brain stimulation devices).
- - Do not apply ultrasound over areas previously treated with radiotherapy.
- - Do not apply it over the testes, to avoid increases in temperatures.
- - Do not apply it over the heart.
- - Do not apply it over areas of thrombophlebitis deep vein thrombosis emboli and severe atherosclerosis.
- - Ultrasound treatment must be avoided over the stellate ganglion, spinal cord after laminectomy, when great tissue resections have been performed, under subcutaneous major nerves and the cranium.
- - Do not apply it in areas of reduced sensation or circulation or over anesthetic areas.
- - Do not use the equipment on pregnant women.
Discover All the Possible Protocols with This Equipment:
- - Using different accessories from the ones indicated and compatible with this device may increase the emissions or in the decrease of the equipment’s immunity.
- - The application must be done in circular motions.
- - Do not remove the equipment’s head from the skin while it is still turned on because it can damage the equipment.
- - You must use gel to apply the ultrasound.
- - The equipment must be used only under the indication and orientation of a specialized professional.
- - Disconnect the system from the power source.
- - Wipe with a clean, lint-free cloth moistened with water and mild antibacterial soap.
- - If a more sterile cleaning is needed, use a cloth moistened with an antimicrobial cleaner.
- - Do not place the system in liquids.
Instructions to Take Care of Your Equipment
Avoid areas subject
Do not block
Avoid humid, hot and dusty environments.
Make sure the area around the network cable is free.
Faq (Frequently Asked Questions)
The ultrasound 1MHz is used in deeper structures (muscles, tendons, bursae), because it is poorly absorbed by the superficial structures and by the adipose tissue. The ultrasound 3MHz on the other hand, should be used in superficial structures, because the energy is absorbed in the tissues that are located between 1 and 2 cm under the skin.
Yes, it’s recommended to be calibrated every 6 months or every time the nozzle falls to the ground, present cracks, or any kind of noise. Only after calibrating an effective therapy can be done with trustable doses.
Put some water drops in the aluminon part of the transducer, increase the intensity and verify the water’s nebulization’s effect. The nebulization indicates that your equipment is emitting ultrasound and it presents itself differently from one equipment to another. The ultrasound’s conduction mode is released very precariously at this moment. This will cause a quick aluminon temperature elevation to more than 40ºC. Therefore, do not exaggerate doing the test or else it may damage the piezoelectric crystal inside the transducer.
Because the ultrasound’s beam is not uniform, the ultrasound’s head should not be still in the same place for a long time. It also can’t be moved very fast, because there would be no sufficient time for the tissue to enter in resonance. The best way to use it is to make a round-dislocated movement at a 1 to 2cm/second speed.
It’s the simultaneous use of two therapeutic modes associated in the same body area.
The professional must buy a special cable for combined therapy and a medium and/or low frequency equipment from the same brand (Ibramed), where the equipments are connected through the cable. This way, it will have at the same time both stimulation from the currents and from the ultrasound.
Cavitation is the radiation of ultrasound to liquids, generating very small bubbles. Under the ultrasonic field’s action, these bubbles get bigger and smaller (stable cavitation) or they may collapse (unstable cavitation). Cavitation is a common phenomenon produced by therapeutic ultrasounds.
- Brand name: Ibramed
- Model: Sonopulse Compact 1 Mhz
- Material: Metal and Polypropylene
- Quantity: 01
- Item color: White and Blue
- Product dimensions:
- Length: 10.4” in (26.6 cm)
- Width: 10.6” in (27 cm)
- Height: 4.9” in (12.5 cm)
- Item weight (equipment only): 2.64 lb (1,2 kg)
- Item weight with accessories: 4.29 lb (1,95 kg)
- Power type: Electric
- Input: 100 / 240~ 50/60 Hz
- Input Power: 100 VA
- Fuses: 5A 250~ (20AG) Fast Action
- Electrical Class: Class II
- Electrical Protection: Type BF
- Temperature Range During Transport and Storage: 5 - 50°C/ 41- 122°F.
- Environment operating temperature range: 5 - 45 °C/ 41- 113 °F.
- Ultrasound frequency: 1.1 MHz ± 10%
- Conformity Regulations:
- - IEC 60601-1
- - IEC 60601-1-2
- - IEC 60601-2-5
- - IEC 60601-1-4
- Warranty: 18 months
- - 01 PP Female cable IEC-2x0.75x1500mm
- - 01 Protection Fuse card
- - 01 20AG Fuse of 5A
- - 01 Digital Operations Manual IBRAMED 260410
- - 01 Silicone Head Kit with NTC (Negative Temperature Coefficient)
- - 01 Handbag Line Sapphire
- - The ultrasound gel is not included in the accessories list and does not accompany the device. IBRAMED recommends the use of K102637 ultrasound gel FDA cleared with the Sonopulse systems.
- - For safe use of the equipment, it is recommended to have it inspected and undergo preventive maintenance at IBRAMED or an authorized technical center every 12 months.
- - Annual factory calibration is required for the ultrasound applicator from the date placed in service. The device and the applicator should be sent to the factory or a certified service technician from IBRAMED for this procedure.
- - Biocompatibility of the materials in contact with the patient (ISO 10993-1): The ultrasound transducer provided with the equipment does not invoke allergic reactions. The user may purchase any FDA approved therapeutic ultrasound coupling gel. The transducer and gel must be only be placed in contact with intact surface of the skin, respecting duration limit time of this contact of 24 hours. There is no risk of harmful effects to the cells, nor is there any allergic reaction or of sensitivity. The material that the transducer is made from does not invoke potential irritation on the skin.
The Sonopulse Compact 1 MHz is an electronic device and has heavy metals such as lead. Thus, there are risks of contamination to the environment associated with the disposal of this equipment and its accessories at the end of their useful lives.
The Sonopulse Compact 1 MHz, parts and accessories must be disposed of as waste. Contact your local distributor for information on rules and laws regarding the disposal of waste electrical, electronic equipment and accessories.