Sonopulse III is a therapeutic ultrasound micro-controlled device in the frequencies of 1 MHz and 3 MHz, designed to be used for physiotherapy and esthetics...
Make your customers more satisfied with a wide range of treatments!
The beauticians' favorite!
Era of 7cm²
Potency of 21W
Era of 7cm²
It's ERA has 7cm², allowing the professional to treat a wider area, choosing the frequency of 1 MHz or 3MHz.
Blue Light LCD screen that makes it easier to identify the programming made.
allows the professional to create their own protocols and save them to the equipment.
It shows the equipment's temperature and its automatic shutdown.
Potency of 21W
The average ultrasound output power is 21 Watts for the ERA of 7 cm², therefore, the maximum intensity is 3 W/cm².
The treatment is non-invasive and painless.
Easier pannel visualization
It has a slight display tilt, making it easier for the professional to adjust it, whether standing up or seated.
Microcontrolled equipment in the frequencies of 1 and 3 Mhz that can be used in Aesthetics and Physiotherapy.
Sonopulse III the best seller in Brazil!
The Sonopulse III is a therapeutic ultrasound micro-controlled device in the frequencies of 1 MHz and 3 MHz, designed to be used for physiotherapy and esthetics treatments. It's 7cm² ERA makes it possible to select the frequency according to the protocol to be done. The ultrasound emission mode can be adjusted to continuous or pulsed. The pulsed mode has pulse repetition frequencies of 100 Hz, 48 Hz or 16 Hz, with pulse ratio of 1/2 (50%) or 1/5 (20%).
In the interior of the Sonopulse III's transductor there is a thermal sensor that verifies and mantain the working temperature of the piezoelectric crystal, and consequently, the transductor's aluminium face. This avoids the patient to feel the excessive unpleasant heat. This sensor is set in a way that the aluminium's temperature never exceeds 41°C.
During the treatment, the temperature can increase to more than 41°C and this will make the equipment "freeze". Then the time that was programmed at the timer shut down and ceases the ultrasound emission. The professional must continue to use the transductor because within seconds the temperature will be back to normal. The equipment will "defrost" automatically the time, going back to the original programming.
Ultrasound is delivered to the body using an efficient couplant provides deep heating effects to body tissues. Ultrasound delivered at a frequency of 1 MHz penetrates to a depth of approximately 5 centimeters while ultrasound at a frequency of 3 MHz penetrates tissue to a depth of approximately 1–2 cm.
Ultrasound Therapeutical Effects
It increases the membrane's permeability, enhancing the transference of fluids and nutrients to the tissues and cells.
Vibrations stimulate the tissue to increase the reactions and the local chemical's processes.
Micro-massage effects that increase the cellular metabolism, blood flow and the oxygen supply.
Along with the micro-massage occurs a local temperature increase, resulting from the kinetics conversion in heat by the tissues.
Examine the patient's skin to see if there is any wound and clean the treatment area, rubbing the skin with medicinal alcohol.
Before applying the ultrasound, clean the area with soap and water to remove the oil and possible skin's fragments, reducing the ultrasound's difficult to go through the skin. Wash and dry well the area before applying the ultrasound.
Clean the applicator before each therapy session with warm water and soap.
Apply conductor gel over the patient's treatment area.
Move the transductor constantly during the therapy session in circular moves.
Examine the skin again after finishing the treatment.
Associations with other equipment
Sonopulse III can be associated to the Neurodyn II to enhance the results. The TENS current associated with the 1MHz ultrasound frequency will promote more analgesia. If the professional associate the Russian Current to the 3Mhz frequency, the measure reduction and the body modeling will be seen faster.
Indications of Use
The therapeutic ultrasound (1MHz) is normally indicated for:
- - Increased range of motion of joints contratures using heat associated with stretching techniques.
- - Local blood flow increase.
- - Spasms reduction.
- - Pain relief.
Pain Relief, muscular spasm and articular contracture may be associated with:
- - Myositis.
- - Soft tissue injury.
- - Shortening of post-injury and scar tendons.
- - Adhesive capsulitis.
- - Bursitis with slight calcification.
Chronical pain relief and articular contractures resulting of:
- - Capsular tension.
- - Capsular scars.
Aesthetic treatments (3MHz):
- - Localized fat.
- - Cellulite.
- - Post-Abdominoplasty.
- - Post-Liposuction.
- - Fibrosis.
- - Pregnant Women
- - Treatment of pain without a professional diagnosis.
- - Neoplastic areas or areas where a tumor was removed.
- - It must not be applied over the eyes.
- - Ischemic areas.
- - Bone epiphyses that are still growing.
- - Areas previously treated with radiography.
- - Gonads to avoid heating.
- - Where a malignancy is known to be present.
- - Over reproductive organs, open wounds or lesions.
- - Over bone growth centers, the brain, spinal cords or large subcutaneous peripheral nerves.
- - For patients with implanted electronic devices (cardiac pacemakers, deep brain stimulation devices).
- - Over the heart or areas of thrombophlebitis deep vein thrombosis emboli and severe atherosclerosis.
- - Avoid it over the stellate ganglion, spinal cord after laminectomy, when great tissue resections have been performed, under subcutaneous major nerves and the cranium.
How to Take Care of Your Product
Avoid locations susceptible to vibration.
Install the equipment at a firm and flat surface, in open air.
Do not block the
ventilation. Avoid humid,
hot and dusty environments.
To clean the equipment,
turn off the power.
Clean the equipment with a damp cloth with mild antibacterial soap.
If a more sterile cleaning is required, use a damp choth with antimicrobial cleaning fluid.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Yes, it’s recommended to be calibrated every 6 months or every time the nozzle falls to the ground, present cracks, or any kind of noise. Only after calibrating an effective therapy can be done with trustable doses
The ideal gel to be used with any kind of ultrasound must not have bubbles. It must have clear appearance and be transparent, odorless and without additives (such as alcohol, scents and others). The ideal amount of gel is the one that allows the head of the equipment to slide freely, without sticking to the patient’s skin.
Because the ultrasound’s beam is not uniform, the ultrasound’s head should not be still in the same place for a long time. It also can’t be moved very fast, because there would be no sufficient time for the tissue to enter in resonance. The best way to use it is to make a round-dislocated movement at a 1 to 2cm/second speed.
The ultrasound 1MHz is used in deeper structures (muscles, tendons, bursae), because it is poorly absorbed by the superficial structures and by the adipose tissue. The ultrasound 3MHz on the other hand, should be used in superficial structures, because the energy is absorbed in the tissues that are located between 1 and 2 cm under the skin.
It’s not recommended because after the gel is used in one place, bubbles normally appear, making the gel cloudy. That would indicate a bad conduction.
It’s the simultaneous use of two therapeutic modes associated in the same body area.
Many aspects may cause this influence: cloudy low-conduction gel, insufficient quantity of gel, fast movements or spinning too many times at the same place and mainly the lack of connection to the head of the equipment..
To clean the cabinet and its parts, use only dry, soft clean fabric. Do not use any volatile substances (such as benzene, alcohol, diluent and solvents in general) to clean the cabinet, because they may damage the top coat. After using the ultrasound’s transducer, clean it with running water. If necessary, to disinfect it, use just cotton dampened with chlorhexidine digluconate 0,2 (aqueous solution).
The equipment comes with all the necessary accessories for the use of all the currents available in the Sonopulse III.
Cavitation is the radiation of ultrasound to liquids, generating very small bubbles. Under the ultrasonic field’s action, these bubbles get bigger and smaller (stable cavitation) or they may collapse (unstable cavitation). Cavitation is a common phenomenon produced by therapeutic ultrasounds.
Put some water drops in the aluminon part of the transducer, increase the intensity and verify the water’s nebulization’s effect. The nebulization indicates that your equipment is emitting ultrasound and it presents itself differently from one equipment to another. The ultrasound’s conduction mode is released very precariously at this moment. This will cause a quick aluminon temperature elevation to more than 40ºC. Therefore, do not exaggerate doing the test or else it may damage the piezoelectric crystal inside the transducer.
Yes, it is. We suggest following the instructions from the electrode’s manufacturer chosen by the user.
- Brand name: Ibramed
- Model: Sonopulse III
- Material: Metal and Polypropylene
- Quantity: 01
- Item color: White and Blue
- Length: 10.4” in (26.6 cm)
- Width: 10.6” in (27 cm)
- Height: 4.9” in (12.5 cm)
- Item weight (equipment only): 2.46 lb (1,120 kg)
- Item weight with accessories: 4.06 lb (1,845 kg)
- Power type: Electric
- Input: 100 / 240~ 50/60 Hz
- Input Power: 100 VA
- Fuses: 5A 250~ (20AG) Fast Action
- Electrical Class: Class II
- Electrical Protection: Type BF
- Temperature Range During Transport and Storage: 5 - 50°C/ 41- 122°F.
- Environment operating temperature range: 5 - 45 °C/ 41- 113 °F
- 1.1 MHz, ± 10%
- 3.3 MHz, ± 10%
- IEC 60601-1
- IEC 60601-1-2
- IEC 60601-2-5
- IEC 60601-1-4
- Warranty: 18 months
- - 01 PP Female cable IEC-2x0.75x1500mm
- - 01 Protection Fuse card
- - 01 20AG Fuse of 5A
- - 01 Digital Operations Manual IBRAMED 260410
- - 01 Silicone Head Kit with NTC (Negative Temperature Coefficient)
- - 01 Handbag Line Sapphire
- - The ultrasound gel is not included in the accessories list and does not accompany the device. IBRAMED recommends the use of K102637 ultrasound gel FDA cleared with the Sonopulse systems.
- - For safe use of the equipment, it is recommended to have it inspected and undergo preventive maintenance at IBRAMED or an authorized technical center every 12 months.
- - Annual factory calibration is required for the ultrasound applicator from the date placed in service. The device and the applicator should be sent to the factory or a certified service technician from IBRAMED for this procedure.
- - Biocompatibility of the materials in contact with the patient (ISO 10993-1): The ultrasound transducer provided with the equipment does not invoke allergic reactions. The user may purchase any FDA approved therapeutic ultrasound coupling gel. The transducer and gel must be only be placed in contact with an intact surface of the skin, respecting duration limit time of this contact of 24 hours. There is no risk of harmful effects to the cells, nor is there any allergic reaction or of sensitivity. The material that the transducer is made from does not invoke potential irritation on the skin.
- - Read the manual before using the equipment.
- - Sonopulse III is an electronic device and has heavy metals such as lead. Thus, there are risks of contamination to the environment associated with the disposal of this equipment and its accessories at the end of their useful lives.
- - Sonopulse III, parts and accessories must be disposed of as waste. Contact your local distributor for information on rules and laws regarding the disposal of waste electrical, electronic equipment and accessories.
We are very happy with our purchase of the ultrasound machine in a little bit surprised of how well it works. We use it in a very high volume Practice and it works well for us.
Excelent out comes