Thork Shockwave Therapy Device by Ibramed is an innovating shockwave technology in the market, it comes with 1 applicator with 9 million shots divided into 3 bullets with 3 million shots each and 8 different tips. It's considered Golden Standard for treatments of all kinds of cellulite, it also treats localized fat, skin flaccidness, and others.
It is a micro-controlled equipment of extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy (ESWT). It has rehabilitation treatment modalities with high energy acoustic shockwaves that are transported to the musculoskeletal tissues, indicated to biomechanical therapies, myofascial trigger points, tendineae inserts disorders, muscle and connective tissue activation, and also to stimulate the acupuncture points.
It comes with 3 bullets, 1 applicator and 2 replacement bullets. Each bullet has a durability of 3 million shots. After 9 million shots, in other words, after using the 3 bullets, it's necessary to send the applicator to review and maintenance.
The mechanical cavitational energy and thermical produced by Thork Shockwave are transferred to the patient through a radial shock wave applicator attached to the skin, allowing static and dynamic applications with maximum energy and therapeutical safety, ensuring treatment effectiveness.
The equipment has a maximum energy of 200mJ, the shockwave emission mode can be single or sequential with frequency adjustment up to 22 Hz. The number of shots can be previously adjusted up to 9999 or in the free mode.
The equipment can be used with tips of different sizes and materials to various therapeutical applications. The applicator is ergonomic, with differentiated design, touch screen, and informative tutorial. Thork is an efficient, safe, precise and easy to operate the equipment.
The equipment's tips
It comes with 8 tips total, being 4 metallic tips and 4 polyacetal ones.
- Examine the patient's skin and clean the treatment area before the application;
- Clean the accessories before and after each therapy session;
- Apply a thin layer of neutral lotion or neutral conductor gel on the skin so the tips can slide;
- Depending on the therapeutical objective, make a punctual static application or slow movements with the applicator over the treatment local;
Actions and Benefits
Acoustic/ Mechanical impulses
The shockwaves are acoustic/mechanical impulses that cause in the tissue a phenomenon called cavitation, in which microbubbles are generated.
Micro-lesions without damaging the tissues
The mechanical impact generates local micro-lesions without damaging the adjacent tissues, stimulating the tissue repair process.
It has an analgesic action, releasing substances that act on an improvement in the pain.
It stimulates the irrigation and local oxygenation, promoting the formation of new vessels, and increases cellular energy.
Cavitational mechanical energy
The cavitational mechanical energy and thermic energy produced by Thork shockwave are transferred to the patient through a radial shockwave applicator attached to the skin, allowing static and dynamic applications with maximum energy and therapeutic safety, ensuring treatments effectivity.
The PAD tip
The PAD (plastic) tip concentrates the most superficial energy and the steel tip is deeper. The professional choose the tip and can use them both in the same session (one at a time). The choice is made according to the therapeutic objective.
The biological response happens to promote the cell proliferation, neovascularization, blood circulation increasement, regeneration, repair, and analgesia.
In the aesthetic field, the tips have depths to treat dermis and hypodermis dysfunctions.
The shockwaves have a fibrinolytic effect, liquid mobilization, toxin elimination, microcirculation improvement. In the fat, it stimulates the lipolysis. In the skin, it activates the fibroblasts, stimulating the collagen and elastin.
Thork's conduction means must be a specific fluid so the equipment's head can slide over the skin. With the gel, it's not necessary to use the silicone protection, unless the procedure is done at the face.
Indications of Use
- Biomechanical therapies;
- Myofascial trigger points;
- Tendon insertion disorders;
- Muscle and conjunctive tissue activation;
- Cellulite appearance reduction;
- Localized fat reduction;
- Skin quality increasement;
- Skin flaccidity;
- Noninvasive body contour modeling;
- Local blood circulation increasement;
- Helps the striae treatment;
- Pregnant women;
- Hemophilia or other bleeding disorders.
- Ingestion of anticoagulants.
- Do not use it over tissues with acute undiagnosed inflammations.
- Do not use it over skin rashes or other types of tissue injuries.
- Do not use it over polyneuropathy areas in patients with Diabetes Mellitus.
- Do not use it over neoplastic areas.
- Do not use in on patients submitted to cortisone therapy up to 6 months before the first therapy session with extracorporeal shockwave.
- Do not use it directly over mechanical implants.
- Do not use it over occlusive vascular diseases and circulatory insufficiency, as well as in cases of deep vein thrombosis, phlebitis, varicose veins, arteriosclerosis obliterans and thromboangiitis obliterans.
- Do not use it over reproductive organs.
- Do not use it in the presence of systemic infections (sepsis, tuberculosis) or if the patient's temperature is high (fever)
- Do not use it in the presence of implanted electronic devices. Do not use the equipment near defibrillators, in patients that have a cardiac pacemaker, cochlear implant, bone growth stimulators, deep brain stimulators, spinal cord stimulators, and other nervous stimulators.
- Do not use it over laminectomy or spina bifida. Do not use it directly over the carotid sinus, starry ganglion or vagus nerve localized in the neck's previous triangle.
- Do not use it over the lungs, carotid area, big nerves and vessels, spine and head.
- Do not use it over or near bone growth areas until the bone has finished its growth.
- Do not use it in areas with bleeding tendency after acute trauma or fracture.
Transitory adverse reactions
Some transitory adverse reactions may occur after the extracorporeal shockwave therapy. The most common adverse reactions include:
- Local inflammation
- Petechiae (red dots on the skin)
- Discomfort and localized pain
- Tissue lesions in case of previous cortisone therapy
- Brand name: Ibramed
- Model: Thork shockwave
- Product dimensions: 58 x 45 x 110 cm
- Item weight: 24,3kg
- Energy:60-200 mJ
- Maximum energy: 200mJ
Frequency: 1 a 22Hz
- - Up to 22Hz: power limit of 60mJ
- - Up to 20Hz: power limit of 90mJ
- - Up to 19Hz: power limit of 120 mJ
- - Up to 18Hz: power limit of 180 mJ
- - Up to 16Hz: power limit of 200 mJ
- Shooting mode: single or sequential with frequency adjustment
- Idiom option: English, Portuguese and Spanish
- Number of shots: it can be previously adjusted up to 9999 or in the free mode
- Application: 6 months or million shoots (whatever comes first)
- Equipment: 18 months
- Bullet: 3 million shots
- Other accessories do not have a warranty
- 01 Thork Shockwave Therapy Device
- 01 Applicator
- 04 Inox steel tips (6mm, 15mm, 25mm, 34mm)
- 04 PAD (high-density plastic) tips (6mm, 15mm, 25mm, 34mm)
- 03 Bullets with 3 million shots each
- 01 Tip protector
- 01 Bucket
- 01 Ibramed bag
- 01 Neutral lotion
- 01 Operation manual
- 01 Pedal